From 12/12/2009 to 01/10/2010
- 05:12 AM Revision 1b6a9c3a (mininet): Add missing pylint settings file
- 05:11 AM Revision f7c2df25 (mininet): Support OpenVSwitch in kernel-mode
- 01:59 AM Revision 723d068c (mininet): Add static code checking for style and errors
- This required a change to logging, which now uses a singleton pattern.
For all future checkins, 'make codecheck' sho...
- 08:54 AM Revision ca58c896 (mininet): Restore user-space switch option
- Switches and controller in root namespace only, for now.
- 05:23 AM Revision d856c818 (mininet): Support out-of-order link addition
- Sort interface names before passing to dpctl for kernel switch, so that
links for multipath topologies can be added i...
- 04:53 PM Revision 6d2cd77b (mininet): Add reversed version of the SingleSwitch topology
- Possibly useful for adding custom port mappings.
- 04:52 PM Revision 80b3dbbd (mininet): CLI: add node dump-all-data command
- 04:40 PM Revision 74ef7615 (mininet): CLI: add interface dump command
- 03:22 PM Revision ee007363 (mininet): Add default ip and port for remote controller
- 05:16 PM Revision 376bcba4 (mininet): Add options for auto MAC and ARP setup.
- Auto MAC setup sets each host MAC equal to its DPID, which simplifies
Auto ARP setup removes the need for...
- 11:53 AM Revision 433a7cc8 (mininet): Make Ripcord-specific topologies optional
- If ripcord.dctopo imports properly, then include its topologies in the
list of available ones. Also replace topo.py ...
- 10:44 AM Revision c98514ae (mininet): Support more topologies
- 10:43 AM Revision ac65ea3f (mininet): Increase createLink retry count
- Was seeing occasional errors with tests run back-to-back.
- 07:20 PM Revision fcf6a16f (mininet): Remove accidentally-added iperf verbosity
- 06:58 PM Revision 16c57ddb (mininet): Enable controller-less setups
- 06:58 PM Revision 1bb4412f (mininet): Separate kernel and user switches into separate objects
- 06:58 PM Revision 0cd489a7 (mininet): Add iperf UDP test
- 06:58 PM Revision 8a034f4f (mininet): Add xterm support
- 06:58 PM Revision 4804237f (mininet): Add more NOX options
- 06:58 PM Revision eeb9cb3c (mininet): Restore iperf test
- Also simplify test running.
- 06:55 PM Revision 83086439 (mininet): Remove/merge obsolete examples
- 10:43 AM Revision 8f20b95d (mininet): Auto-install run and clean scripts
- Also remove usused imports and outdated doc text.
- 10:42 AM Revision a6b47322 (mininet): Add mn_run.py, a script to run Mininets.
- Simplifies launching a Mininet or running tests on one.
- 11:26 AM Revision 60d9ead6 (mininet): Added a RemoteController object
- Now you can run a controller on a remote PC that is
not on the same pc as Mininet.
- 11:16 AM Revision 54037995 (mininet): Add MAC auto set for switches
- Also use indexing for DPIDs to avoid zeroed MAC
- 10:25 PM Revision 8b5062a3 (mininet): Move TreeNet to new Mininet API
- Also remove all non-object-oriented legacy Mininet code and update
User-space compatibility is untested, but ...
- 03:40 PM Revision e3621eb0 (mininet): Move fixLimits function to util
- 10:19 PM Revision 89bf3103 (mininet): Move Node functions into their own file
- Nodes include Switch, Host, and Controller; move these to a separate
This file still could use some attention ...
- 05:46 PM Revision 4d2d52c3 (mininet): Remove unused function
- 05:32 PM Revision 220890a0 (mininet): Move utility functions out of mininet.py
- Having a file with the same name as its package creates hard-to-diagnose
import error, so rename mininet.py to net.py...
- 12:03 PM Revision bc547080 (mininet): Rewrite Ripcord test and most of mininet
- Make much of the Mininet code object-oriented around the new Mininet
object, and create a generic way to build a Mini...
- 11:54 AM Revision 75810224 (mininet): Remove verbose command printouts
- 03:21 AM Revision 8e63d3cb (mininet): Add missing newline printouts
- 03:21 AM Revision fabbac88 (mininet): Document retry function
- 03:20 AM Revision 2e52801d (mininet): Fix IP printing exception
- 03:05 AM Revision b426d24e (mininet): Minor documentation
- 04:36 AM Revision b6423f8c (mininet): Fix module resolution
- Forgot to add __init__.py
- 04:36 AM Revision 15f37cc2 (mininet): Add LinearNet test case
- 04:36 AM Revision 7b804ffb (mininet): More flexible logging support
- Use customized StreamHandler from Python logging module to print
only messages for the specified loglevel to the cons...
- 11:51 PM Revision 1095628b (mininet): Clean up display
- Don't print retry errors by default.
- 11:42 PM Revision 7c1d7c9f (mininet): Don't attempt to kill processes twice
- Was causing OSErrors because the process to kill no longer existed.
- 11:39 PM Revision 345bf7cc (mininet): Reduce interface move delay and make configurable
- Much faster now; from 1 s delay to 100 us.
- 08:15 PM Revision ff43615a (mininet): Add example unit tests and Makefile target
- 08:12 PM Revision fd99d67c (mininet): Add make clean to remove dist files created by setuptools
- 08:12 PM Revision 51270ce4 (mininet): Use setuptools to install python files
- Now, to reference mininet files, use 'import mininet.mininet'.
PYTHONPATH mods are no longer required for installation.
- 08:11 PM Revision cd27f9db (mininet): Start controller with verbose by default
- 08:10 PM Revision ede34b6a (mininet): Add missing function import
- 12:31 AM Revision 40580731 (mininet): Added simple all-to-all UDP bandwidth test.
- 12:31 AM Revision 9bb15c76 (mininet): Added missing value (60) in list. ;-)
- 12:30 AM Revision b7640209 (mininet): Changed to use class vars and method to track nodes.
- Useful for monitoring the output of a set of nodes.
- 12:29 AM Revision 1417fe72 (mininet): Changed cleanup to do fast things first.
- 06:40 AM Revision 7df36e47 (mininet): Changed linearbandwidth.py to be much (!) smarter - it now *reuses* ...
- 06:38 AM Revision f939eb56 (mininet): Changes to mininet.py:
- - invoke ofdatapath with --fail=closed (no controller = no connectivity!)
- stop hosts before switches before the con...
- 06:37 AM Revision 0b4ae53a (mininet): We don't need to print the links.
- 05:01 AM Revision e04f0922 (mininet): Bah, wasn't using correct command to remove datapaths! Fixed.
- 03:59 AM Revision 05cce994 (mininet): Haha, retry is definitely not right. Time to take a break I think.
- 03:53 AM Revision 0a9ea29f (mininet): Fixed problem for empty lists in cleanup.
- Added retry() function for createLink to see if it helps (probably won't.)
Random edits to docs.
- 02:50 AM Revision 696a619d (mininet): Minor tweaks and corrections.
- Added commentary on control network to mininet.py.
Hopefully fixed linearbandwidth.py for real.
- 02:49 AM Revision ea420ee2 (mininet): First crack at converting cleanup to Python.
- 01:31 AM Revision 2708cadd (mininet): Fixed LinearNet to pass correct parametersto GridNet.__init__()
- 01:22 AM Revision 65733319 (mininet): Fixed treeping1024.py to import Cli, so it should work now.
- 01:14 AM Revision 6a30c394 (mininet): Changed to include linux/sched.c for compiling on debian-stable.
- 02:13 PM Revision 93519c04 (mininet): Fixed control network/user datapath networks.
- 06:37 AM Revision 9dbb68df (mininet): Fixed iperf test.
- Not sure if I want nox_core -v in nox.py - it's useful for debugging.
ripcordtest.py (and grid.py) still depend on ro...
- 06:13 AM Revision 77131e8f (mininet): OK, now we run 'routing' for the nox configurations with loops.
- Unfortunately, I can't test this at the moment since nox seems not to
be able to find the routing module.
- 05:35 AM Revision c53fa3ba (mininet): Second crack at a ripcordtest.py that actually works.
- ripcord.py was a name conflict - ugh!
This one creates a network successfully, but ping doesn't work with
nox out of ...
- 05:01 AM Revision 0b084dd5 (mininet): Added ripcord.py, which attempts to make a FatTree using ripcord and
- instantiate a mininet Network based on its topology.
Also minor cleanup of nox.py and GridNet class in mininet.py.
- 04:14 AM Revision 2f534913 (mininet): First crack at allowing Controller to be customized.
- Network may now be used with custom controllers.
An example of doing this is in nox.py, which instantiates at TreeNet...
- 03:21 AM Revision 845dedca (mininet): One more change to revert the broken exec behavior.
- 09:46 PM Revision ac75d7cf (mininet): Inadvertently added verbosity into Node.setIP(); removed.
- 09:38 PM Revision fb7658c8 (mininet): Since execing controller/ofprotocol was broken, reverting to just ru...
- This should eliminate ofprotocol bogons living on past the end of a test.
- 09:22 PM Revision 98332cb6 (mininet): Tweaks to documentation files and sshd and xterms examples.
- Added scratchnetuser.
- 08:43 PM Revision 433503cf (mininet): Added "from scratch" examples, to show how to create a network using
- low-level primitives.
The "nox.py" example attempts to use nox as a controller rather than
Also available in: Atom