From 10/18/1998 to 11/16/1998
- 09:41 PM Revision 9158ca99 (iof-bird-daemon): Complain loudly if the logging buffer would overflow.
- 09:40 PM Revision 53a416d3 (iof-bird-daemon): Implemented snprintf and similar functions. It took a lot of...
- but the modifications were relatively simple and straightforward.
- 03:35 PM Revision c3e9b2ab (iof-bird-daemon): RIP now includes notion of interface, and is correctly talki...
- itself on second host. Split horizont is broken.
- 03:24 PM Revision dafd580e (iof-bird-daemon): Previous fix was wrong.
- 03:01 PM Revision db6984c4 (iof-bird-daemon): rte_update: Doesn't loop forever when multiple routes point ...
- 04:45 PM Revision dc7c7494 (iof-bird-daemon): RIP _NOW_ actually talks to itself (workaround core bug: sen...
- from other port than we receive at), few FIXME's added.
- 04:39 PM Revision 756b86de (iof-bird-daemon): Learn static device routes from the kernel (temporary until ...
- such things configurable).
- 04:12 PM Revision feb6abe0 (iof-bird-daemon): RIP now actually talks to itself.
- 03:47 PM Revision 8ca8683c (iof-bird-daemon): Beware the NULL route, my son... The bugs that bite, the BIR...
- 03:17 PM Revision acc62f5e (iof-bird-daemon): Insert/remove hooks return void, not int.
- 03:13 PM Revision a0762910 (iof-bird-daemon): Added pointer to network to RTE. The complications with pass...
- aren't worth 4 bytes per RTE.
rte_discard and rte_dump don't need net * as parameter.
- 06:18 PM Revision b6903c94 (iof-bird-daemon): Updated TODO.
- 06:13 PM Revision 7d832907 (iof-bird-daemon): Generate router_id automatically if possible (standard "smal...
- regular interface addresses" rule).
Protocols should NOT rely on router_id existence -- when router ID is not
- 05:52 PM Revision 08045252 (iof-bird-daemon): Basic kernel routing table syncing implemented. Learning of ...
- by other programs or the kernel itself is not supported yet, but it's not
needed for development of other protocols.
- 05:48 PM Revision 567e6c62 (iof-bird-daemon): Use (SOCK_DGRAM,IPPROTO_IP) socket instead of (SOCK_STREAM,I...
- This is exactly what Linux ifconfig does and seems to be the preferred way.
- 05:47 PM Revision 4cf45766 (iof-bird-daemon): Exporting fill_in_sockaddr() for use by other unix-dependent...
- 05:46 PM Revision 36f2caf1 (iof-bird-daemon): Fixed generation of device routes for unnumbered point-to-po...
- 05:45 PM Revision f184ea6f (iof-bird-daemon): Proto struct now contain (down | starting | up) state.
- 10:25 PM Revision 16a8ba30 (iof-bird-daemon): We parse /proc/net/route and flag RT entries according to it...
- today in the morning...
- 10:24 PM Revision 4c45595e (iof-bird-daemon): o FIB flags now available for FIB users.
- o struct network: FIB flags used for kernel syncing.
o struct network: `next' field deleted (historical relic).
- 10:22 PM Revision ab3a76a3 (iof-bird-daemon): Added ipa_from_u32 and ipa_from_u32 for use in the kernel sy...
- Don't ever think of using it in routing protocols.
- 12:50 PM Revision 7e7790c6 (iof-bird-daemon): Since almost every UNIX system requires different techniques...
- the kernel routing table as opposed to modifying it which is approximately
the same on non-netlink systems, I've spli...
- 12:48 PM Revision 8b168817 (iof-bird-daemon): * Please distinguish between DGB() and debug().
- 12:26 PM Revision 3629bcf0 (iof-bird-daemon): Preconfig, postconfig and init hooks can be NULL.
- 11:53 AM Revision 0432c017 (iof-bird-daemon): Split protocol init to building of protocol list and real pr...
- Added kernel route table syncer skeleton.
- 11:50 AM Revision 05e56feb (iof-bird-daemon): Removed global pointer to proto_dev.
- 11:13 AM Revision 5b22683d (iof-bird-daemon): After contemplating about RIP route timeouts for a long time...
- protocol callbacks for route insertion and deletion from the central table.
RIP should maintain its own per-protocol ...
- 10:49 AM Revision 570ce189 (iof-bird-daemon): Implemented `route last modified' time.
Also available in: Atom