From 03/02/1999 to 03/31/1999
- 08:46 PM Revision 6accdf4f (iof-bird-daemon): Updated the TODO list.
- 08:33 PM Revision fb71b23e (iof-bird-daemon): Remember that we can run device syncer without kernel syncer
- and vice versa now.
- 08:28 PM Revision 78d5ec15 (iof-bird-daemon): Please don't commit debugging code which makes BIRD exit bef...
- actually starts to happen. Grrr.
- 08:26 PM Revision e4912e35 (iof-bird-daemon): Prefer `gm4' over `m4' (due to BSD et al.).
- 08:21 PM Revision ba921648 (iof-bird-daemon): Update of filters towards new interface.
- 08:14 PM Revision 5bc512aa (iof-bird-daemon): Clarify resource dumps and include them in the main debuggin...
- 08:14 PM Revision 3f2a21fd (iof-bird-daemon): Don't try to delete interface routes on CONFIG_AUTO_ROUTES s...
- 07:56 PM Revision 6c02d83f (iof-bird-daemon): Added FIXME: If a strange interface appears, ignore it inste...
- writing an error message...
- 07:35 PM Revision f5c687f7 (iof-bird-daemon): Added lp_flush() which flushes contents of a linear pool, le...
- memory available for subsequent allocations from the same pool. Both flushing
and re-using the memory costs just few ...
- 07:14 PM Revision f54801ff (iof-bird-daemon): Moved all system-dependent #include's containing endianity c...
- functions to sysdep header endian.h.
- 07:13 PM Revision 61340248 (iof-bird-daemon): #define NULL if not defined by system includes.
- 07:04 PM Revision 7f400d1c (iof-bird-daemon): After today's lengthy discussions about filter syntax, let's...
- whitespace/semicolon rules for whole config file:
o All non-zero amounts of whitespace are equivalent to single ...
- 10:51 PM Revision 1127ac6e (iof-bird-daemon): Cleaned up system configuration files -- removed few obsolet...
- documented the remaining ones (sysdep/cf/README).
o linux-20: Old Linux interface via...
- 09:50 PM Revision 7dc4827c (iof-bird-daemon): Added everything protocols need to know about multiple routi...
- i.e. struct proto now contains field 'table' pointing to routing table
the protocol is attached to. Use this instead ...
- 09:44 PM Revision 7e5f5ffd (iof-bird-daemon): Moved to a much more systematic way of configuring kernel pr...
- o Nothing is configured automatically. You _need_ to specify
the kernel syncer in config file in order to get i...
- 09:38 PM Revision 739ebd8e (iof-bird-daemon): Allow different instances of the same protocol with identica...
- 09:37 PM Revision 4ba84ebc (iof-bird-daemon): Slightly better generator of default protocol instance names.
- 09:35 PM Revision 241b7311 (iof-bird-daemon): Don't compile OSPF by default.
- 09:33 PM Revision b5239f22 (iof-bird-daemon): Don't try to manipulate neighbor lists for copied interface ...
- This avoids few nasty references to free memory.
- 09:23 AM Revision f79a749d (iof-bird-daemon): Removed our declaration of RTPROT_BIRD since Alexey has assi...
- us a real protocol number in 2.2.4 kernel.
- 03:01 PM Revision 421838ff (iof-bird-daemon): rte_update: Check sanity of incoming entries. Throw out (and...
- to bogus prefixes and non-local routes to host scope addresses.
- 02:31 PM Revision 529c4149 (iof-bird-daemon): Allow input and output filters (only accept/reject style as ...
- modifying filters yet) to be attached to protocol instances.
- 02:29 PM Revision e0f2e42f (iof-bird-daemon): A couple of filter tweaks:
- o Introduced struct filter which serves as an external reference
to filter. Using struct symbol for this is un...
- 01:13 PM Revision c612a3be (iof-bird-daemon): Removed the `rta_same' hook since it's no longer needed (all...
- needing some local information should use extended attrs and cached
- 01:09 PM Revision b77ae37d (iof-bird-daemon): Implemented extended route attributes and all related functi...
- 01:05 PM Revision 9a38757c (iof-bird-daemon): Initialize pointers to functions so that code is actually al...
- 01:04 PM Revision 3c7ad64c (iof-bird-daemon): Compilation fix for mj.
- 10:20 AM Revision 29df5739 (iof-bird-daemon): Don't segfault on unknown interface.
- 10:19 AM Revision d36d838d (iof-bird-daemon): accept & reject should now work
- 10:27 PM Revision c1f8dc91 (iof-bird-daemon): Yes, joining the crew. Sorry for being late. Added dummy fun...
- 02:45 PM Revision 2575593e (iof-bird-daemon): Resolved conflicts, you no longer need to wrap constants in ...
- 02:44 PM Revision 1aa5cf1c (iof-bird-daemon): Added '=' to operator list
- 08:30 PM Revision b7005824 (iof-bird-daemon): Filters are now a tiny bit stronger (if is actually working ;-)
- 07:00 PM Revision 111213f0 (iof-bird-daemon): Fixed processing of !krt_capable() routes. Converted device ...
- to the krt_capable mechanism as well.
- 06:36 PM Revision e16155ae (iof-bird-daemon): KRT: Implemented asynchronous route / interface state notifi...
- (via Netlink). Tweaked kernel synchronization rules a bit. Discovered
locking bug in kernel Netlink :-)
- 02:23 PM Revision 2253c9e2 (iof-bird-daemon): Although there are still heaps of FIXME's, Netlink works.
- To build BIRD with Netlink support, just configure it with
After it will be ...
- 11:40 AM Revision f81dc856 (iof-bird-daemon): Converted some mb_alloc/bzero pairs to mb_allocz.
- 11:39 AM Revision 8fe48f13 (iof-bird-daemon): Initialize allocated struct proto :-)
- 11:36 AM Revision 7a2105be (iof-bird-daemon): Use dmalloc instead of EFence when available (dmalloc has lo...
- over EFence and also hopefully smaller memory overhead, but sadly it's non-free
for commercial use).
If the DMALLOC_...
- 08:57 PM Revision aa645786 (iof-bird-daemon): Netlink scans routes...
- 08:56 PM Revision 51ad41f2 (iof-bird-daemon): EFence helped to find using of already free rte's in rt_prun...
- 08:55 PM Revision 53b7a298 (iof-bird-daemon): Fix several things I broke today.
- 08:40 PM Revision 0e889c52 (iof-bird-daemon): Added a hack forcing protocols with priority>0 to be started up
- immediately. Grrr, need to find a real solution some day.
- 07:49 PM Revision 2d140452 (iof-bird-daemon): Rewrote the kernel syncer. The old layering was horrible.
- The new kernel syncer is cleanly split between generic UNIX module
and OS dependent submodules:
- krt.c (the gene...
- 07:33 PM Revision b2280748 (iof-bird-daemon): Introduced protocol priority (all 'normal' protocols should ...
- default zero priority). No more "kernel syncer initialized before
device routes" problems.
- 07:49 PM Revision 84c7e194 (iof-bird-daemon): Add interface for running filters (please comment!), avoid b...
- 07:49 PM Revision 05a845ed (iof-bird-daemon): Avoid segfault
- 06:37 PM Revision 7972248d (iof-bird-daemon): Netlink module supports interface scan on startup. Working o...
- 06:36 PM Revision e35ef181 (iof-bird-daemon): o The if_change_too_big_p change was too high-spirited. Fixed.
- o Introduced if_find_by_index()
o Recognizing two types of interface updates: full update (starting with
- 05:28 PM Revision bcbd8cc3 (iof-bird-daemon): Interface logic changes:
- o Introduced IF_LINK_UP flag corresponding to real link state.
o Allowed addressless interfaces.
o IF_UP is now au...
- 05:20 PM Revision 25287d6f (iof-bird-daemon): Don't try to install static routes to disconnected neighbors.
- 04:39 PM Revision eab0d1e5 (iof-bird-daemon): Latest changes broke out-of-tree compilation.
- 01:15 PM Revision 3d8ef0c9 (iof-bird-daemon): I just don't like files enclosed in <>.
Also available in: Atom